Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HBV reactive and 14,20 Weeks Elisa test for HIV negative
Apr 29, 2012

Please help me with your response. I recently came to know that i am infected with HBV Genoty-D when I just went for a general checkup and also occult blood in urine. My doctor said I might have been carrying since childhood as my HBVeab is positive but with viral load 36,000. AST-386,ALT-197. Ultrasound normal. From this he suggested me for Biopsy but later spoke to a hepatologist and they taught I might be clearing the Virus. Asked repeat the tests in 3 months again.

Recently,I went to strip club 5 months ago and end up with intercourse(My stupidity). I remember that i touched the condom during intercourse and after every thing saw my penis skin lifted and spent some time to put it back.

Is it possible to contact HIV Virus from Hands? Will the seroconversion take more than 5 months in HBV Positive cases? How reliable is my Hiv test after 14,20 weeks after possible infection. All this time I tried to keep my self in ease but now recently, I see a small light red scar on left corner of tongue and white borders on tongue and White thin layers inside cheeks and inside upper and lower lips Feels weird when rubbed with tongue along it.

I thought they were bitting and saw dentist he said the cheeks could be bitting but the under lips looks weird and he suspects leukoplakia or mucous.

Please give me your valuable answer.I am very depressed.

Response from Dr. McGovern

I doubt you have HIV infection with this description.

I do agree with your doctor that you might have been infected with HBV for a while if your HBeAb is reactive. However,since your liver tests are high, I still think recent infection is possible and would just repeat the tests for now.

Would avoid sex with others since you could transmit virus. If you have had recent sex in the last few days, I would recommend that your partner get antibodies against HBV infection from the doctor (eg, HBIG)

Previous
protein in urine after being on Truvada for almost a year
Next
free or low cost hep c. rna pcr test

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.