HIV HbsAg positive
Apr 29, 2012
Dear Dr.,Recently i found that i am infected by hiv hbsag positive virus and i am 26 years old so what should i do to prevent me from this virus.So please tall me about the steps to take for the prevention.
Response from Dr. McGovern
You will need treatment for both viruses.
Truvada combines two pills into one - which fight both HIV and HBV.
You will also need surveillance for your HBV infection every 3 to 6 months with blood tests, and an ultrasound of your liver every 6 to 12 months.
Best of luck to you!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Medication Would Affect Hiv Test?
- Chances Of Contracting HIV From A Insulin Needle Stick
- Reasons For False Positive ELISA
- Am I Going To Die If I Have Hiv And Taking Medications
- Can You Get Hiv If You Only Have Sex For A Second?
- What Are The Chances Of Contracting Hiv From Heterosexual Encounter?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.