|Where does the Hep C virus hide?
Apr 29, 2012
Dr., during Hep C tx, if a person is "un-dectectable", completes the SOC, achievs SVR, then re-lapses, how does the virus avoid detection then re-appear? I'm in my 30th week of tx and sailing right along. Based on all my tests, it seems the odds are on my side to achieve SVR. Are re-lapses due to some other medical issues, or is this virus that sneaky? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Almost ALL patients who have cleared virus by six months after the last shot, MAINTAIN this great result. These patients are cured.
It is quite rare for the virus to bounce back after this because it doesn't hide out like other viruses do (like HIV).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Any Medicines Hide HIV Virus In Blood Test?
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Does Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding Mean I Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.