HBeAg reactive anti-HBe nonreactive

I was diagnosed with chronic hep b.. My test results were ALT 106, AST 54, my HBeAg is reactive and anti-HBe nonreactive. My doctor recommended me to start on entecavir. is this my best option at this moment. Or should I start off with interferon since I am only 21?

I assume that you have had a few sets of liver tests that show that you have persistently abnormal liver function tests and that it is known that you have had your HBsAg for six months.

I ask this because you want to be sure that you didn't just get infected (eg, ACUTE hepatitis B infection) and you might clear the virus on your own.

If it is already known that you have CHRONIC infection, then...I think entecavir or tenofovir are good choices. You will follow your E antigen until it is gone and you gain E antibody

hcv
Hep B/C transmission risk - new mother