Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

should i try boceprivir?
Apr 22, 2012

Should i give boceprivir a shot after failing on incivik? Ive been through numerous rounds of tx and also am hiv pos.--i was very sik on the incivik regiment,didnt make it to zero---got down to about 18000 then it went back up.hence i came off tx.Now my doc wants to give it a try with boceprivir.I believe chances are like zero that this would work,so is it worth me trying again and being sick as a dog when it proly wont work.SO im on the fence with retreating---any input would be appreciated---regards,kevin

Response from Dr. McGovern

Kevin I am SO sorry to hear that the treatment was tough for you and you didn't get a good outcome.

The way you describe it, it sounds like your virus bounced back ON treatment. In that case, I would be worried about telaprevir drug resistance leading to resistance to other drugs such as boceprevir.

Would ask your doctor point blank about resistance. Maybe there is something I don't quite understand about your case?

Previous
Baby came into contact Past-Drug User
Next
Will my eye, and speach go back to normal again??

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.