Hepatitis C Infection from the Environment

Hello, I have read that hepatitis C can live in the environment for at least 16 hours but not longer than 4 days.

In your opinion how likely is it to get infected with this virus through environmental contacts? Do I need to be worried every time I get a cut out in public?

I understand I would not get HIV from cutting myself on something a HIV infected person just cut themselves on because the virus does not live outside the body that long. But I am unclear with Hepatitis C.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

You are correct that HCV can live in the environment, but we don't have proof that this is a vehicle for transmission.

It is was, I would imagine that a lot more than 1.8% of the US population would have been infected. Furthermore, most persons do know their risk factor for acquisition of the infection.

how can having both hepatitis c and prostate cancer limit your survival rate?
Pricked dentist