Hep C Test Equivocal

I recently had a routine check up and it was found that my Hep C AB test came to be 0.98(equivocal)According to the lab >1 is reactive. My ALT level was little higher than normal 53 and my AST was 50. Doctor said that I need to be retested after couple of weeks. Just to give you a back ground I have never done drugs, no blood transfusions, no tattoos, drink very rarely, have been married for 3 years now and an exercise enthusiast.In addition to that I am getting treated with Prevpac for H Pylori. Would that have any effect on my liver functioning? I am extremely worried and wondering what the term equivocal means. Am I at risk?

Without risk factors I suspect you don't have HCV infection. You can check HCV RNA - the virus itself - and I suspect it will not show any virus in your blood.

hep b vaccine
High ALT numbers and Atripla: a better option?