Treatment for Enlarged Liver due to Hep C

What treatment options are available for an enlarged liver due to Hep C. My dad has been quite ill and in great pain for the past weeks. After alot of poor care by Kaiser physicians and specialists they finally confirmed that his enlarged liver is due to Hepatitis C. He has been unable to work and has lost over 30 lbs due to his inability to eat & the resulting pain. His liver specialist simply told him to take Motrin and no further treatment will be done. Of course we are going to find him another liver specialist but what are his treatment options? Any help would be appreciated.

I would be concerned about why your father is losing weight. I would go to a liver specialist and get an ultrasound test to image his liver to get more information about the size. I would also want to ask his new doctor if he is suitable for any of the new treatments and what type of HCV genotype he has. This will have a direct bearing on the type of treatment.

Hcv
hep b vaccine