Apr 1, 2012
I have gone through a Elisa method test. The result are Patient Value=>2.50 Cut off Value=0.52 Please tell me about the situation and what it means?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would follow this result with a HCV RNA test to see if you have virus in your blood or not. The antibody test just shows exposure.
If you have no risk factors for HCV, it could also be a false positive test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Mutual Masturbation
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Insertive Oral Sex
- Should I Get Tested After Performing Oral Sex?
- Vaginal Sex Without Condom And HIV Transmission Risk
- Are Itchy Red Spots A Sign Of AIDS?
- Could Swollen Lymph Nodes Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.