Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Should I be alarmed? High Bilirubin results!!
Apr 1, 2012

Received my recent HBV results and according to the interpretation everything looks ok except for the following - Should I be alarmed? What can I do to get those numbers to go back to normal or close to?

White Blood Cells are low Bilrubin (both) are high - my skin and sclera have a bit of a yellow tinge. Platelets are low HBVDNA is close to undetecable ALT levels went down from 129 (last results) to 67. - I have been in treatment since August 17, 2011.

I recently found out that I have low stomach acid and candida based on my symptoms(food allergies, fermenting stomach after eating, acne breakouts after eating wheat and sugar products, constipation etc.)

Perhaps upon treating these ailments, my results may become more manageable... All thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

For specificity purposes here are the actual results...

Bilirubin, total 1.0 range 0.2 - 1.2 mg/dl Bilirubin, Direct 0.2 range 0.2 mg/dl AST 38 range 10-40U/L ALT 67 range 9-60U/L ALT 67 range 9-60U/L Bilirubin, Indirect 0.8 range 0.2 - 1.2 mg/dl WBC 4.1 range 3.8 - 10 Thous/mcl RBC 5.33 range 4.20 - 5.80 Thous/mcl Platelet Count 178 range 140-400 Thous/mcl

HBVDNA <20 Detected <20IU/mL HBVDNA <116 Detected <116 copies/mL

%CD4 ( Helper T Cell) 39 range 30 -61 Percent ABS CD4 cells 887 range 490-1740 Cells/mcL ABS Lymphocytes 2294 range 850-3900 Cells/mcL

Response from Dr. McGovern

I looked at your results below and all are normal except slight elevation of ALT and your viral load is extremely low which is great news. You will need ongoing monitoring to see if your viral load remains stable.

Previous
HBsAg Positive - how know accute or chronic?
Next
acute or chronic?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.