Stage 2

I have stage 2 liver-- My Dr. wants to treat, but with all of the Permanent disorders that are possible from the drugs- I question.. don't know-- I haven't found any research on this, is there any... do I wait for the new drugs??

It is reasonable to treat Stage 2 disease but you also have the option to wait - but that could be for a few more years.

If you do decide to be treated, you can simply see how you do on therapy and how you respond. It will be obvious after a month or two how the side effects are going and how well your virus is responding.

I am not sure what permanent disorders you are referring to - most side effects are temporary while on treatment. Some things that can persist - like an underactive thyroid gland on interferon - can be easily treated. With that said, you can wait for other therapies in the future which may not include interferon. However, that is a discussion with your doctor since there may be other reasons he or she would like to get started.

hepatitis B
HBV DNA NOT DETECTED