|RESULTS FROM BLOOD TESTS
Mar 25, 2012
What does it mean hepatitis B Surface AB, Qual results abnormal, Hep B Surface Antibody reactive?
Response from Dr. McGovern
That is a little misleading...If your surface antibody is reactive it can mean two different things: 1. You are protected against HBV infection because of prior immunization 2. You were exposed to the HBV virus in the past, but your body cleared it on its own.
The only way to know for sure is to get testing for hepatitis B core antibody IgG. If reactive, the answer is #2; if non-reactive, the answer is #1.
HBeAg reactive,,anti HBe non reactive
- My Girlfriend Tested HIV Positive And I Tested Negetive
- Unprotected Sex With Prostitute Infection Risk
- Will Lysol Wipes Kill Hepatitis On Dried Blood?
- Body Fluids That Carry Hiv
- How To Find A Doctor Who Treats Candidiasis?
- When Having Sex The Condom Broke Is It Possible For You To Get Hiv From An Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.