|RESULTS FROM BLOOD TESTS
Mar 25, 2012
What does it mean hepatitis B Surface AB, Qual results abnormal, Hep B Surface Antibody reactive?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
That is a little misleading...If your surface antibody is reactive it can mean two different things: 1. You are protected against HBV infection because of prior immunization 2. You were exposed to the HBV virus in the past, but your body cleared it on its own.
The only way to know for sure is to get testing for hepatitis B core antibody IgG. If reactive, the answer is #2; if non-reactive, the answer is #1.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Balls After Giving A Bj Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Sharing Dildos Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.