|Heptiis B carrier
Mar 18, 2012
Hi Dr. McGovern, My husband was diagnosed of heptiis B (in carrier state). But his recent DNA test showed the virus count is very high (180000 copies/mL). Does he need treatment, and how is risk for us though we all got vaccinated for a few years ago. Thank you and I appreciate your time.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would suggest that you have your surface antibody to HBV rechecked to be certain that you are still protected. If not, get a booster and recheck.
As for your husband, he should continue to have ALT testing to see if his liver tests become abnormal. If so, there may be consideration of a biopsy before treatment depending on the particular patient.
Hep C transmission and Liver Health
Urgent - 9 week old baby exposed to hep B yesterday
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Can Vaginal Prolapse Cause Low Back Pain?
- Can Hiv Enter Through A Pimple?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.