|Concerned what should I do
Mar 18, 2012
Just found out last year that I have chronic hep b and viral load was 9k with ALT of 18 now it is at 551k with alt of 44 should I start with the therapy or should I wait to get a liver biopsy. Can I still expect to live a long normal life
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would follow your LFTs to see if they become more abnormal over time and then consider a liver biopsy.
Hepatitis C transmission from a HIV positive Man
Hep C transmission and Liver Health
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.