|Is it mortal?
May 2, 2001
I have been hep c for many years, never been treated and feel ok. Is there any possibility that maybe I live many more years like up till now? Is there such thing as non progressors in hep C, just as in hiv?, or are we going to inevitably die because of it at some stage .. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
No,you are not going to die inevitably from HCV!!!About a 30% of all cases will develop chronic hepatitis and only 15% will go to develop end stage cirrhosis and hepatic failure.This does not mean that you should take this numbers for granted,as we do not know till we evaluate the patient ,who is at more or less risk,of a bad prognosis.Go to your Dr. and check your status.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.