Mar 5, 2012
I recently had ultrasound and CT scan confirming multiple lesions on the right and left lopes. Largest is9.4cm. I face been co infected with HIV HBV for about 25 years. Any hope these lesions are benign!
Response from Dr. McGovern
It is hard to say what these lesions could represent - I am sure the utmost question on your mind is tumor, but there are also potential infectious causes for these lesions. Thus the critical thing will be to work with your doctor on getting tissue (a biopsy) to assess the best treatment for you.
You will be in my thoughts.
- What The Chances Of Getting Herpes Without An Outbreak?
- What Happens When Herpes Go To Your Spine?
- What Do Genital Warts Look Like In Early Stages?
- Can Washing After Sex Can Help Prevent Herpes?
- Took Antibiotics As Prescribed For Chlamydia And Still Have Symptoms
- Syphilis And Rectal Bleeding
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.