Really?

Really 40 percent of people who contract hep c for first time fight it off themselves ? That is great news. I am afraid of contracting it and am wondering how to find out if by some type of miracle I am immune/less suspectible to catch it. Would you know how I could find out? Anything else (besides obvious prevention & strengthening imm system) to make it less likely to happen & when do u expect a vaccine ?

The 40 percent or so who have acute HCV infection do fight it off. However, with re-exposure, the number who become chronically infected continues to rise to about 80%. I think it is because the immune system gets exhausted from trying to fight it off.

If you think you are at risk because of risk behaviors, you can decrease the risk by: a) never sharing needles, cotton, cookers, if you are injecting b) practicing safe sex since anal sex with tearing is a risk factor for blood to blood contact c) getting tattoes in appropriate professional places and not with shared needles with a friend.

Fortunately the blood supply is now exceeding safe.

HCV vaccine development is coming along nicely but it is too early predict when a vaccine will be available. The day it comes out will be a great day for all..

what it means bordeline hep c
Hepavac positive? URGENT!