|HBs Ag and Hbe Ag
Feb 23, 2012
i recently had laboratory tests for hepa and the results for HBs Ag and Hbe Ag is both reactive. What does it mean?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It means you have recently been infected with HBV or you have chronic infection already. You should have further follow-up over six months and if you still have HBsAg you have chronic infection.
You will also need HBV DNA testing and liver function tests serially over time to assess the activity of your infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Know If You Have Systemic Candidiasis?
- Sex With A Prostitute Risks
- Blood In Semen After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Urine After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.