Feb 21, 2012
hi doc, is silymarin effective for all strains of hepa C? thanks.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Finally a trial was performed that compared high doses of silymarin to placebo (a sugar pill) to see if silymarin is effective in HCV patients. However, the trial showed that there was no benefit of silymarin at all in genotype 1 infected patients. No effect on quality of life and no effect on liver tests.
So I would not recommend it.
Remedy from Chronic Hep B
HCV RNA test result
- Nipple Sucking Negative Elisa At 16 Weeks
- What Are The Odds Of Getting HIV From Erotic Massage?
- Does HIV Cause Pain In Urethra?
- Is Swollen Lymph Nodes A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is White Spots A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.