Feb 21, 2012
hi doc, is silymarin effective for all strains of hepa C? thanks.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Finally a trial was performed that compared high doses of silymarin to placebo (a sugar pill) to see if silymarin is effective in HCV patients. However, the trial showed that there was no benefit of silymarin at all in genotype 1 infected patients. No effect on quality of life and no effect on liver tests.
So I would not recommend it.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Shingles After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.