after therapy

Dear Mrs MsGovern, I am 43 years old in chronic e-negative hepatitis B stage and I was treated with interferon for 12 months. Luckily I cleared HBsAG and I have started to develop antibodies (5 units with 10 being the threshold for developing full antibodies). Is there any time window or under what situation HBsAG might become positive again? Is there any method to boost my antibodies ? (may be with vaccination??). How often should I check the surface antibody and HBV DNA being in this situation? Any other tips to help me in that situation.

You are doing an wonderful job answering to all the question of people with this problem. I would like to sincerely thank you for your effort.

Best Regards

Wow...What great news. So few people lose their surface antigen and gain surface antibody on treatment. Congrats!

I would periodically check your laboratories to be certain it stays that way. There is nothing else to recommend except to stay healthy...don't drink alcohol to excess...Stay trim and don't get overweight...All the things to keep your liver very healthy overall.

There is no data regarding using hepatitis B vaccine in this situation but your question is an excellent one. I would suspect if would not cause harm...

Hep-B sur-ab ? Positive
Definition of Non-Responder