5th time asking***PLEASE ANSWER***Breastfeeding mother

Hi Doctor~ I would very much appreciate an answer to my question, as I have been so concerned, because I am also breastfeeding my baby.

I went to my doctor to get a mole removed back in November and when I got there I saw some dried blood on the seat. I asked my doctor to clean it up prior to us getting started. She cleaned it with a caviwipe, but she did not wear gloves to clean it, and she did not wash her hands when she was done. She then examined my mole (and I am not sure if she touched my mole or the skin around it while examining it) and then did the iodine swab and the numbing shot. She put gloves on for the actual procedure, but my questions are: 1.) If she got blood on her fingers while cleaning it up, and then touched my mole or skin while examining it, and if any blood where transferred from her fingers to my skin, and then there was a fresh, open, bleeding wound created when she did the numbing shot as well as removing the mole, could this be a risk to transmit any virus like Hep C, B, or HIV? I know hepatitis can live much longer outside the body than HIV can, and I know it can take several minutes for the viruses to be killed with caviwipes, so I wasn't sure if this was still a risk. 2.) My second question is, I did get an antibody test for Hep C, Hep B and HIV at 8 weeks, as well as an antibody test and NAT for Hep C, Hep B and HIV at 9 weeks. Would these tests be conclusive, or do I still need to test at 3 and 6 months? I have read on many websites that the window period for hepatitis is usually 6 months, but can be as long as one year. Would that be a concern to have to have testing out to one year, or why can the window period be that long?

Please, please answer my questions, because I am breastfeeding my baby, and sometimes I have some bleeding around my nipple, so I don't want to ever put my baby at risk for anything if there is anything to be concerned about.

Thank you so much for your time and understanding. I very much appreciate your expertise. Thanks again.

I do not consider you at risk and would not have tested you in the first place. I would not worry further about breastfeeding your baby.

home test kits
Obstetric cholestasis or hcv? Please help