|Hep C and Methadone
Feb 20, 2012
My son has Hep C and has been on Methadone for 20 months. Should he ween off methadone or continue for life? What are the effects on his liver?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
A lot of people with HCV infection are on methadone. The real question is whether he is being evaluated for liver disease and treatment for HCV. If he is stable on methadone, this is a good time to look into this.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Effects Does Methadone Have On Hepatitis?
- Night Sweats Worried It Could Be Ars
- Sore On Mouth Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Do People Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.