|Hep C and Methadone
Feb 20, 2012
My son has Hep C and has been on Methadone for 20 months. Should he ween off methadone or continue for life? What are the effects on his liver?
Response from Dr. McGovern
A lot of people with HCV infection are on methadone. The real question is whether he is being evaluated for liver disease and treatment for HCV. If he is stable on methadone, this is a good time to look into this.
home test kits
- Chances Of Getting AIDS From Vaginal Sex Without Condom
- Odds Of Infection Sex With Hooker Condom Broke
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Nipple Sucking
- What Is The Risk Of Anal Fingering?
- Does Sore Throat Mean I Have Hiv?
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.