Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Liver Biopsy results.
Feb 13, 2012

I just had my third liver biopsy in ten years and the results are the same. Grade 1 Stage 0, my doctor recommends no treatment at this time. Is this ok? I also have a hemangioma on my liver and they recommend another ultrasound in about 4 months if I wanted one,they kinda left it up to me. Should I do another one? Also thank you so much for your help,I have asked many questions about my co-infection over the years and you have always helped me and made me feel so much better.

Response from Dr. McGovern

Wow...I am so impressed with your biopsy results...Great news!!!!!!!!

Yes, I agree that I would wait for now. Mainly because you don't have any progression and the treatments continue to improve. One day there will surely be interferon free treatments....

As for the hemangioma, I also don't have strong feelings. The radiologists are good at looking at these and you don't necessarily have to repeat this any time soon.

Previous
Negative HCV test, but doubling ALT level?
Next
what meds would you recomend

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.