Definition of an HCV non-responder

Dr. If tx was started, and after 4 weeks stopped due to low platelete count and a 1.5 log drop in VL,are you condisered a non-responder or treatment naive for the next round of tx ?.. Thank You

You are not considered treatment-naive because that means you have never been treated. A 1.5 log drop at 4 weeks is sluggish and with a low platelet count, your doctor felt that the chance of a cure was low and the risk of low platelets was significant. Treatment decisions have to weigh efficacy and adverse events - it is a delicate balance.

I don't know your genotype, but I would still be hopeful for the future because the number of drugs that are being studied now is simply mind boggling! Keep up the hope and follow my blog. I will be posting updates from time to time of new events and there will be a new blog within the next month on some new developments.

Hcv
Negative HCV test, but doubling ALT level?