Feb 13, 2012
Please could you tell me when a test for HCV from an occupational exposure would be considered conclusive?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Most antibody tests become positive 12 weeks after an exposure. For the few patients who turn positive later, the conclusive test is at 24 weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Catch AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Dry Cough After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.