medication

hi doc, my doctor did not gave me any medications after the tests for Hbeag is positive but negative for my sgpt. will the virus dies even though i did not take any medications? im so worried.. thanks

It sounds like you do have chronic hepatitis B infection with normal liver function tests (LFTS)

For now no treatment is the right plan. You will need further follow-up to see if your LFTs change which might signal that the virus is irritating your liver.

Follow-up will be for the rest of your life to be certain that the blood tests look okay.

Your household contacts should be get vaccinated to protect them in case of any blood exposures. Your sexual contacts should also be vaccinated.

false positive or weakly positive hcv
treatments for co infected