|Hep C concern
Feb 6, 2012
I am a past drug user and during the time I did use I was sometimes sharing pipes with people whom I beleive might have had Hep C. What are the odds of me contracting the disease? Can you still get the virus even if your lips were not cut open? I am worried about this and looking for answers, thanks.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If you are a past drug user you should have testing for HCV - regardless of any other risk.
It is a simple blood test - Speak with your doctor or clinic. It is important to know so you can get the care you need.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Vaginal Fisting Scared To Death
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Sore On Mouth?
- HIV Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blood In Urine After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.