Starting TX soon..

What a wonderfully insightful forum. This is a positive place and where questions are answered truthfully and honestly. Thanks. I am having my biopsy on Tues 2/7/12, and will start on the new "cocktail" therapy of peg. Interf. Ribv. and Victrelis?.. I have done plenty of research, and am happy I stubled upon this website.. Good Luck to everyone and Thanks again...

So it sounds like you have genotype 1 infection with hepatitis C. For genotype 1 we use triple therapy. First you will be starting PEG injections once weekly and twice daily ribavirin pills. Then after a month of this dual therapy, you will start boceprevir (Victrelis), a HCV protease inhibitor. This triple therapy is very successful in reducing virus down to nondetectable levels.

Your biopsy is being done to stage your disease.

Once you begin therapy your doctor will be monitoring your HCV viral load test to see if the treatment is working for you.

It is very important to take all your doses with excellent adherence so you minimize the chance for resistance. This is key.

Some patients develop anemia on triple therapy so your doctor will be monitoring you. Also another common side effect is dysgeusia - a bad taste in the mouth.

HBsAg non reactive, anti HBsAg weakly reactive
Hep C concern