|A worried colleague...
Jan 28, 2012
Dear Dr Mc Govern, I am a physician, and I was talking to a hep C patient. I know I'm a little OCD, but I felt, although the patient was a few feet away, like a drop of saliva may have landed on my mouth while she was talking (again, this happens to me a lot, so it might just be my OCD). I noted she had bad mouth hygiene and her lips had blood on them (probably dried). I washed my mouth a few minutes later with water. Do you think there is any risk of contamination this way? Should I get tested? Thank you so much in advance!
Response from Dr. McGovern
No testing needed.
- Burning Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.