Jan 28, 2012
hi doc!how reliable is antibody test result after exposure of hep c! ive been exposed to hep c,got results negative for 6 mos -negative.,,ive been exposed few times, does the antibody test detects whatever exposure you hav! like needlestick or gastric fluid splashed to eyes pls exlaine properly...
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The hepatitis C antibody test is reliable. In the vast majority of patients who get infected, the test turns positive by 3 months...the rest by 6 months...
HCV RNA is detected before antibody...However, HCV antibody is used for testing because the RNA test is much more expensive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dark Bumps After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Touching Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Inverted Condom Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.