Jan 28, 2012
hi doc!how reliable is antibody test result after exposure of hep c! ive been exposed to hep c,got results negative for 6 mos -negative.,,ive been exposed few times, does the antibody test detects whatever exposure you hav! like needlestick or gastric fluid splashed to eyes pls exlaine properly...
Response from Dr. McGovern
The hepatitis C antibody test is reliable. In the vast majority of patients who get infected, the test turns positive by 3 months...the rest by 6 months...
HCV RNA is detected before antibody...However, HCV antibody is used for testing because the RNA test is much more expensive.
Biopsy Result Hasn't Changed After 5 Years
- Is Sore Throat A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Doxycycline Treat Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.