For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Very worried...Pregnant and Hep C exposure at work

Hi. I'm currently in my first trimester of pregnancy. I work at the hospital giving patient's massage treatment. Saturday I massaged a patient who I later found out was hep c + (she had liver cancer due to advanced disease), no one told me beforehand.

My worry is that she had an incision that was open to air, and an IV site with some old blood around it that I tried to avoid but may have held her hand around the IV site. I had a small cut on my finger from about 1-2 hours before that wasn't actively bleeding but may have still been open that I didn't know of at the time either.

I am so worried. What would my chances be of contracting Hep C from dried blood in a semi-fresh cut? Thank you for your time.

I do not consider you at risk.

Hepatitis Results
Hepatitis B and Hepatitics AB