|Worried about Hep C
Jan 22, 2012
Hello, the other day I got into a shoving match with a good freind of mine, who is positive for Hep C. Anyways, after we cooled off, I noticed a little scratch on my forearm. The scratch took off a few layers of skin, I am wondering what the chances are of getting Hep C this way, I am not sure what caused the scratch maybe his watch or something.
Thank you for your help!!!
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is transmitted by blood to blood contact so this would not be considered an exposure.
Sharing snorting device & Hep C - Game Over?
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Male Get Pubic Lice From Public Restrooms?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Genital Warts?
- What Are The Most Common Std's Among Teens?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.