Jan 22, 2012
is autoimmune hepatitis genetic or hereditary
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It is suspected that some patients may have a genetic predisposition, but it is not known for sure. There are two types of autoimmune hepatitis. One can develop in people of any age. The other type, usually develops in only girls or young women and is less common.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Autoimmune Hepatitis Contagious With Sex?
- What To Do If Antibiotics Not Helping Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Earliest Time Frame Of Wart Formation After Exposure To Hpv?
- What Causes False Positive For Syphilis Testing?
- What Can Be Mistaken For Herpes?
- What Are Over The Counter Treatments For Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.