|ACCIDENT IN DENTAL LABORATORY
Jan 22, 2012
Today I was working in my dental lab. and I was using a hydraulic cast cutter... and accidentally kind of got my finger.... i kind of peeled a little bit of the skin off... but did not bleed or anything, put on some alcohol, and it did not sting, so i guess i just bearly touched myself..... but I immediately remembered that one of my co workers had CUT himself with that same tool more than 48 hours before. He is not a risky person AT ALL... this electric cutter is used continuously, through stone models...... im i at risk for HCV? do you recommend testing??
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not recommend testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Blood In Urine An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Dizziness A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Groin Pain A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.