HCV positive came negative
Jan 21, 2012
Dr, Iam from india. 1 year and 8 months before i had unprotected oral sex with a guy. And also 1 year and 6 months before i had protected vaginal intercourse with a lady of unknown status. she was nearly 50 years old.after finishing my encounter while taking out from her i noticed that condom has strucked in her vagina.it was half inside and outside of her vagina. i dont know when its came out of my penis.. After 10 months of my post exposure i did hcv and hiv test. i got hcv- positive and Hiv 1&2(p24ag,ab/serum,Elisa)- negative and i tested for HCV RNA pcr quqntitative test, valve was less then 15 range. Doctor told me there is a chance for me to cure automatically by my immune system because 15 to 25% of the people their immune system cures hcv ... and also i verified in internet that about 15 to 20% of hcv infected peoples having chance to cure by their own body immunity with in a year after infection. By luckly last 5 months i got hcv negative . Now 1 year and 6 months completed , And also my HCV and hiv test is negative. I did hiv rna pcr test after 1 year and 6months of my post exposure. Hiv-1 RNA real time quantitative pcr test result - Below the detection Limit. Linear detection Range: 50- 1000000 HIV-1 RNA copies/mL.
1. Are my hiv-1 rna pcr result is conclusive? do i need retest for hiv?? can i move on?? 2. there is any change for me to reproduce hcv again? 3. will hcv affects hiv window period in my case??? 4. some of them telling hiv incubation period may be extened up to 3 to 5 years, its depends up on that person only..is that true??? any cases are there? 5. In what are all the cases,the seroconverion for hiv will delay and how long??
worried a lot about hiv... last month only i got married .we are planing to have child.. please help me
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your HIV tests are conclusive. No more testing is required.
As for your HCV test, your viral test may be negative because you cleared your virus OR... You had a false positive antibody test in the first place and you were never really infected A RIBA can tell you the difference. Either way you are not at risk for passing on the infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Does Herpes Come From?
- What Is The Earliest Time Frame Of Wart Formation After Exposure To Hpv?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
- What Are The Consequences Of Untreated Shingles?
- Syphilis And Shingles
- Symptoms Of Advanced Gonorrhea
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.