|Am I still HBV infectious?
Jan 21, 2012
I had Hep B 24 years ago, now I'm 25, and was never checked for it afterwards, my mum says I probably had acute infection as I had normal tests, unfortunately I don't have those old tests now.
I had a routine sexual health check last year (HBsAg was not detected), and I also had blood panel in Dec 2011 (HBsAg - non-reactive, anti-HBs 747 IU/ml, anti-HBc total - reactive, HBV DNA <15 IU/ml = not detected). Am I still considered infectious or I cannot infect anyone with my blood or body fluids?
Thank you for your time
| Response from Dr. McGovern
No, your laboratories suggest that you had HBV infection in the past but you cleared it. You are not at risk for liver disease from HBV and you cannot pass it on to others.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Eye Floaters After Touching Precum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Blood Splash Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.