Is ALT consistency indicator of inactive virus?

Dear Dr, I am HBV infected (diagonised in 2006). I am eAg negative. My ALT is always normal but I haven't tested for HBV DNA since last 2 years. It was 3800 ul. Last months LFT shows ALT normal. It is always normal since I diagonised. Does it mean that my liver is fine and the virus is low or inactive? Ultrasound result was normal at the end of 2010. Your response is very important as I cannt get HBV tested.

The low level of your virus and the normal liver function tests are extremely encouraging.

I would suspect you have little disease and would simply continue intermittent laboratory monitoring about every six months.

hepatitis b
Hcv on my hand