|Ruling out Hepatitis
Jan 7, 2012
If you have a blood test to check for Hepatitis C and it comes back negative, does that mean that there is no possibility you have the virus?????
Response from Dr. McGovern
If you are concerned about a risk (eg, injection drug use) within the past month or so, it is possible that your antibody would be negative and will turn positive in a few more weeks.
If you are just undergoing routine testing, I would be reassured that you do not have infection.
Immune Reconstitution in co-infected persons
Condom came off
- What To Do About Feeling Fatigued And Dizzy With Hep C?
- Can You Get Hiv From Fingering With A Scab On Your Finger?
- Can I Get Hiv From Using Public Restrooms?
- Can You Have Hiv And Still Have A Normal White Blood Count?
- Does Having Trichomoniasis Means You Have Hiv?
- What If A Hospital Worker Is Pricked By A Hiv Needle?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.