Jan 3, 2012
hi doc, thanks for ur reply. u mentioned for triple therapy the cost is $60,000. what would be an approx cost for double therapy? ragards and happy new year in advance.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Current costs are about $28,000 whereas the addition of a protease inhibitor brings the cost to about $50,000-$70,000...
These are very rough estimates, but you can see that the addition of a protease inhibitor significantly increases cost. However, the cure rates are so much higher so many more patients benefit in the end.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Long Is The Hepatitis B Vaccine Good For?
- Liquid Anti Fungal Medications For Thrush Otc
- Regular Blood Testing Picks Up Some Abnormalities Caused By Hiv
- Age Group Where Hiv Is Most Prevalent Today
- Can You Get An Hiv Test The Next Day?
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Through Touching A Blood Contaminated Surface?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.