New Drug for Hep C geno type 1

Have you gotten any studies or reports about taking ta new combination drug Telaprevir FDA approved since June 2011? My doctor told me taken in combination with Peginterferon Alfa-2a, and Ribaviron that there is an 80% chance for me to ged rid of the viral load. I am a 53 year old caucasion female, non smoker, no other health issues.

Yes, I was on the FDA committee that got to hear this exciting data.... Telaprevir in combination with PEG RBV is a major breakthrough in HCV treatment with high cure rates greater than 75%...AMong patients who achieve viral suppression by week 4, the cure rates are greater than 85%.

You need to take Telaprevir for the first 12 weeks of therapy. After that you take only PEG/RBV. Excellent drug adherence really counts....Also you must take Telaprevir with certain high fat snacks for best absorption. Some major side effects include rash (usually mild or moderate) and anemia...

Very exciting days to treat HCV.....

HEPATITIS C
hepatitis b(india)