Ultra sound shows liver lesion.

I had an ultrsound done on my abdomen and the results were mildly coarse hepatic echotexture and I have a well defined hyperechoic liver lesion most likely representing a hemangioma. They want to do a biopsy of my liver since it's been awhile and if thats not so good, they want to give me an MRI to rule out liver cancer. I also have mild to moderate kidney disease and I am afraid to take the contrast with the MRI. My creatinine is 1.18. Is this safe? I'm also HIV positive with an undetectable viral load.

Your creatinine level is okay right now so I think the MRI is a good idea. It is probably - most likely- a hemangioma...

There are very good treatments now for hepatitis C genotype 1 infection (the most common type in the US). Preliminary results in HIV/HCV coinfected patients show that triple therapy with pegylated interferon, ribavirin, and telaprevir lead to rapid suppression in about 70 percent of patients at 4 weeks of treatment. We dont' know the final results yet, but this is very exciting news.

If you have genotype 2 or 3, you can do very well with pegylated interferon/ribavirin therapy.

10xSgot/Sgpt;Fatty liver!
HCV antibodies ELISA test result