Contributions

Hi

I am a 37 year old gay man who is negative. I have been in a relationship with an HIV positive person for the past 14 years. I just recently tested negative and wondering what sort of opportunities are available for gay men such as me to contribute to HIV/AIDS research. I have been exposed to HIV many times mostly through dating my current partner for years before he was diagnosed but also through very unsafe sexual practices (and I admit that while not proud of it). I am wondering if any testing or any other work is available for me to become involved in the research. I am not claiming to be immune by any means but would like to know if there are any studies I could participate in which would benefit this important cause. I am a strong believer that anything is better than nothing and a candidate to volunteer toward a cure but also toward a better understanding of the disease or the people afflicted.

You may want to also check with the HIV forum, but I want to also direct you to a site called Clinical Trials.gov....

If you use the link below in your browser, you can see the home page. At the bottom there is a "Contact help desk" link where you can pose your question. You should be able to get some helpful information there.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/home

transmassion of recovered acuter HepB infection
lifespan of HBV in vagina