Dec 20, 2011
hey doctor i have test of anti hcv value of it 15.52 and result is reactive.I just want to knew what is mean of it plz help me thanks
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If you have risk factors for hepatitis C infection (eg, drug use, blood transfusion in the past) then you may have hepatitis C infection.
I would get a HCV RNA test to see if the infection is active and some liver function tests to see if your liver shows signs of irritation.
I would also get a hepatitis A and B vaccine to prevent any other hepatitis virus infections.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Itchy Skin Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Swollen Lymph Glands A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Cold Feet After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Licking Genital Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.