Dec 20, 2011
hey doctor i have test of anti hcv value of it 15.52 and result is reactive.I just want to knew what is mean of it plz help me thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
If you have risk factors for hepatitis C infection (eg, drug use, blood transfusion in the past) then you may have hepatitis C infection.
I would get a HCV RNA test to see if the infection is active and some liver function tests to see if your liver shows signs of irritation.
I would also get a hepatitis A and B vaccine to prevent any other hepatitis virus infections.
hepatitis A Ab,
panic dental student
- Is Itchy Skin A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Painful Urination An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Rectal Bleeding An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.