|hep c test
Dec 20, 2011
is it normal to have an anal swab and probe to test for hepatitis c....i am hiv positive male
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect the anal probe and swab was to do anal cytology for HPV - human papillomavirus.
Your HCV test was more likely a blood test.
You should also get hepatitis A and B vaccines if you are not yet protected...
Acute Hep C & Supplements
Heptitis B carrier stage
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
- Is Brown Discharge A Symptom Of Vaginal Thrush?
- What Are The Most Common Std's Among Teens?
- Will Titer Blood Work Show Hep B Vaccine?
- 12 Week Hiv Test For A Conclusive Negative
- Blood In Drinking Glasses Is It An Exposure To Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.