|hep c test
Dec 20, 2011
is it normal to have an anal swab and probe to test for hepatitis c....i am hiv positive male
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect the anal probe and swab was to do anal cytology for HPV - human papillomavirus.
Your HCV test was more likely a blood test.
You should also get hepatitis A and B vaccines if you are not yet protected...
Acute Hep C & Supplements
Heptitis B carrier stage
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Moles On Your Vagina Cause Cervical Cancer?
- Frequent Watery Vaginal Discharge With Bad Odor
- Genital Sores - Male Symptoms
- Can Having The Flu Interfere With The Hiv Test Results?
- Can HIV Symptoms Appear During Window Period?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.