Acute Hep C & Supplements

I am currently on a successful Atripla regimen but recently diagnosed w/acute HepC. I have begun taking quercetin, catechin, & grapefruit seed extract(naringenin) to help my body possibly clear the HepC. Can any of these interfere with Atripla?

Your drug interaction question is probably a better question for your pharmacist...

As for your acute HCV infection, it is VERY important to get your HCV RNA test of your virus in your blood serially over time to see if it is clearing on its own. There is a high chance you may not clear since the majority of patients with HIV infection don't clear their acute HCV infection.

The good news is that when you treat early, the chance of cure is very high. Furthermore, if your virus is suppressed in about four weeks on treatment with pegylated interferon and ribavirin, you will probably be cured with as little as 6 months of treatment.

I don't know of any trials that have been done showing that the other supplements you are taking will clear the virus so please be sure to keep going for laboratory evaluation.

Hepatis b? dont understand
hep c test