|Hep c and normal LFTs
Dec 20, 2011
My mother just diagnosed hep c, we were sharing razors 3-4 years back but not tooth brushes. Now, when I gave birth 1 year back, LFTs were normal and the dr didn't check hep c becoz she said there is no indication. Do you think I should get tested??
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I think it is reasonable to get tested although the risk of transmission through sharing razors is much lower than other risk behaviors such as sharing injection drugs.
You will have piece of mind though with testing. I suspect you will have good results.
In the future, I would not share razors with other people.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.