what kind of test!
Oct 29, 2011
if your exposed to hep c,considered not risk exposure,,what kind of test usually be performed!
Response from Dr. McGovern
Some places perform a hepatitis C antibody; others get a HCV RNA test which is a test of the virus itself. The RNA test will become positive earlier than the antibody test. However, the RNA test is much more expensive. Both tests are usually positive in the majority of patients by 12 weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Happens If You Don't Treat Herpes?
- What Does Herpes Feel Like In Women?
- What Causes Hpv To Reoccur?
- What Causes A Herpes Repeat Outbreak?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.